SOTI will support and offer
assistance to fellow organizations and unite in the plight against
cruelty in the Animal Kingdom, as well as to be the Helping Hand
to uplift and protect both animal and human rights.
We firmly believe in joining forces
to make our Quest to protect our animal friends an easier task for
all those who are tirelessly working at it. Together we can make a
The Vervet Monkey Foundation is a non-profit organization established in 1993.
The Vervet Monkey Foundation centre is based in Tzaneen in the Limpopo Province of South Africa. We rehabilitate and provide sanctuary to over 500 primates, orphaned, injured, abused, ex-laboratory or unwanted pets.
In addition to this we
- A program to rehabilitate orphaned and injured primates.
- A program to research the claims of damage and problems caused by vervet monkeys and offer possible solutions to co-existence.
- An education program to inform the public of the role that the vervet monkey plays in the eco-system and how to prevent human - vervet conflict.
- A sanctuary for primates unfortunate enough to be unreleasable but still able to have a quality of life to be ambassadors for their species.
- An opportunity for volunteers to study the life style and environment of the vervet monkey primate species.
- A project for volunteers to become involved in the conservation and rehabilitation of this unique indigenous primate.
- Opportunities for volunteers, vet nurses, gap year students and those involved and interested in primate conservation.
- More recently promotion of a vegetarian, ultimately vegan lifestyle to help sustain the environment, prevent habitat loss, animal suffering and to make a contribution READ MORE...
Owl Rescue Centre is a Non Profit Organisation dedicated to the protection of owls and other birds of prey in South Africa.
The Owl Rescue Centre rehabilitates and releases 200 – 250 Spotted Eagle Owls, 100 – 150 Barn Owls and 80 -100 other owl species each year. Apart from rescuing and rehabilitating owls, we spend a large sum of our time educating individuals on owls and the harm caused by pesticides.
To date, the Owl Rescue Centre is
the only raptor centre in South Africa that primarily focuses on
owl species. We give all our time and attention to owl species
because of the high mortality rate of owls in South Africa, making
owls vulnerable to a decreasing population.
The Owl Rescue Centre follows a 100% rehabilitate & release policy. All the owls that come to the Owl Rescue Centre are released once they are ready and able to hunt and survive in READ MORE...
Pets is a registered , non-profit, pro-active, pro-animal rescue organisation.
PETS (Pet Empowerment in Townships)
strives to empower animals in townships and poor communities.
We work with the community to improve the lives of these
disadvantaged animals by giving them daily meals, warm
shelters, regular inoculations, sterilisations and vet care in
emergencies. We also rehome those ones that are unwanted,
unloved or lost.
We try to instil in the communities, a responsibility and pride for their animals by not just empowering the animals, but also by educating and helping the people uplift themselves. We believe in working hand in hand with the animals and people of these impoverished areas to create unity... READ MORE...
Our vision is "To create an environment of animal well-being in the Boland"